Friday, October 19, 2007

Sick Day

I haven’t been feeling well this week so I stayed home on Tuesday to rest. So I got to catch up on all the morning shows and I came across Amy Grant on the View. I started to reminisce...I remember receiving my first Amy Grant cassette tape for my birthday and playing it on my walkman during our Florida trip. I remember bugging my mom so she would repeat the words to El Shaddai over and over so I could get them down. Then I remember in 4th or 5th grade signing “Fat Baby” at our school talent show. Johanna and I made it into a duet though I don’t think we made it through the whole song without laughing. Does anyone else remember that song (I’m sitting here singing it in my head - he’s sampled solid foods once or twice but he says doctrine leaves his cool as ice – he’s just a fat, he’s just a fat little baby)

D loves it when I sing that song. He can sing all the songs by KISS and I can sing all the songs by Amy Grant. Obviously we grew up in way different worlds. But now that I think about it I'm going to have to bring the Amy Grant Collection on our road trip this weekend. He's going to be so excited!

9 comments:

Shandra said...

i remember that el shaddai saong but not fat baby. sorry jill!

i meant to ask you if you noticed the lion B is playing w/ on my blog. he loves that thing!!

Anonymous said...

ummm, yes i'm lurking, but i TOTALLY remember that song.i sing it to jack sometimes. i loved some amy grant - she was so ahead of her time - lol. can't believe she was on the view - ugh!
jill l

Megan said...

i was a HUGE fan of baby, baby. & amy grant's Tennessee christmas album is still my #1 favorite!

Carrie said...

I SO remember those songs!!! Jason went to Nebraska for the A&M game. Can't believe A&M won! HA! What did D say about it?

Michelle said...

your musical selections must have made for a very fun trip! :)

i remember corrine (i'm sure i spelled her name wrong)singing "baby, baby" at the BSU - she was pregnant and it was hysterical..

jill said...

Carrie, D thinks the whole coaching staff should be fired. He is so mad at this point. I think he should start a Nebraska football blog so he can get out all his frustration.
Did Jason drive to the game?

Carrie said...

No, Jason flew. Jason is fed up with A&M as well. It's pretty much a done deal that our coach is gone.

Anonymous said...

I totally remember those songs...wow how Amy has changed.

Shandra said...

wow! jill, you are popular as your comments are just rising as we speak!!

i was gonna call you yesterday b/c i figured y'all were watching football, but we went walking. hope you are doing well!!