Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas 2007

This year was especially memorable for many reasons but here are the highlights:

1. It was the first Christmas for D and I as a married couple.
We worked it out so that we spent Thanksgiving with his side of the family in Nebraska and Christmas with my side. We gathered in Kilgore to be with my dad’s family. My uncle Barry (who helped with our wedding ceremony) and his family live there and my Grandma recently moved into an apartment that they built behind their house. I think D is finally starting to embrace my family and join in on all the silliness.



2. Christmas Day was my Grandmother’s 90th Birthday. We had a special b-day party for her on Saturday and laughed and cried as old memories were shared. My aunt found a box of party dresses that my grandmother saved over the years so we had a fashion show complete with gloves and matching shoes.

3. We also had Ryan and Dana kids around which always makes things fun.

Cole was opening a guitar and when he figured out what it was he said, “A Guitar! Thanks, I reeeaaaally needed this.” He is too cute.
And Kate just smiled and cooed the whole time and won us over with her sweetness.

And a special shout out to Jonathan who broke his collarbone while we were playing a game of touch football on Sunday afternoon. I felt sorry for him but then he started posing for the camera with his new shoulder brace so I knew that he was back to his old self.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and here's to a Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

So glad you had a fun Christmas. Is that Barry and Julia's house with the great arch ways?

ashley said...

so you went to nebraska and didn't call to have a quick bite on your way thru here. i see how it is...

jill said...

Ash, we flew to NE but otherwise we would have been staying with you and eating all your food :) Though we don't like Salmon and green peas so you would have to cook us something different.

jill said...

Liz, that was Barry & Julia's house. It's a neat old historic home that they have re-done. And they just built a little apartment for my grandma out back and designed it with the same style. It's really cute.