Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sunny CA

We have returned from the land of Los Angeles. We had a great trip but I must say that I was a bit UNDERwhelmed by some of the sights and sounds.

For instance the Kodak theater - the one that hosts the Academy Awards and all - not that big. No red carpet and cheesy souvenir shops surrounding the theater. And the Chinese Theater where you see clips of all the celebrities cementing their hands in the hall of fame - even worse! My hands were bigger than most of the male celebrities so not only did I feel like a giant but it has been taken over by tourist and characters dressed up like Shrek and Batman who charge you to have your picture taken with them. It was not at all g-l-a-m-o-r-o-u-s like in my dreams (I'm singing the Fergie song right now).
But then we headed to the world where all your dreams come true.....DisneyLand!
It turned out to be a family reunion as my uncle and cousins that live in the area came and met us. And we also hooked up with my sister Julie who was in the area on a separate trip with some of her friends from Baton Rouge. My favorite rides were Space Mountain and Hollywood Towers but we also rode some favorites like Pirates of the Caribbean and Star Tours. We barely made a dent in Disneyland but it was fun anyway. And now that I can say that I have been to Disneyworld, EuroDisney and Disneyland all thanks to my great uncle Doug who works for Disney.
Julie and the cousins
Jill and D
Sunday we headed out to see Los Angeles. We went to the Santa Monica Pier, the 3rd Street Promenade and drove through Rodeo Dr. We didn't even try to go into the stores because I didn't want to get snubbed like Julia Roberts in Pretty Women. But here is the store I wanted to go into...
Then Sunday night we had tickets to Wicked. The best musical I have ever seen (I've only seen 3 counting Wicked so I'm no expert or anything but still, it was good)! D even liked it!

Monday we drove around a bit more, saw the Hollywood sign, some nice houses in Beverly Hills and BelAir and then headed to the airport to come back home.
Only one celebrity siting - we saw we Craig T. Nelson so the first person who guesses what TV show he was on gets a prize. And don't cheat!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coach

Elizabeth said...

How fun!!!! I have been wanting to see Wicked. That is so neat that Julie was there alos.

Marc and Charity said...

Jill Metz!!!! How are you girl? I had no idea you remembered me or even knew of our blog! How fun! Where are you? I'll have to email you instead of writing a book here!

Did you say you found our blog from Kari? Kari Masson?

Anonymous said...

i was thinking coach too. great pics...i'm jealous!!