Sunday, July 13, 2008

4th of July

We went to Nebraska for a long 4th of July weekend. It was a blast but I've been hestitant to write about it because I have only one picture from our trip. Pictures are my crutch!

I'll give it a try...We left Thursday morning, drove straight through and got to Nebraska in time for a late dinner with D's family. Then we woke up early on the 4th of July to run in a 10k race. This is where my sunrise picture came in. It was gorgeous.

So after running that gave us the go ahead to eat whatever we wanted to the rest of the weekend and that's pretty much what we did. We stayed with his sister and his mom and other sister and family came in and we had a great time with everyone. This is the point where my camera battery died. We did fireworks Friday night (my first time to actually DO fireworks instead of just watching them at a fireworks display) and thankfully no injuries occured.

Saturday, after more eating, we headed about an hour away for D's 20 year high school reunion (he's old!). It was so much fun to meet all his high school friends and hear stories about him from way back. The reunion was at the VFW so it was very high toned. We showed up a little overdressed but then pretty much everyone is overdressed compared to a tank top. Yes, that is what one guy was wearing.

Then we got up Sunday and started heading back to Texas. We went the long way and saw some more Nebraska towns and lots of hay fields. But my favorite part of the drive home was stopping in Wichita to meet up with Ashley and her family for dinner. The kids are so precious! When we first got there I asked Ashley if I could hold Stahley and she came right to me. Then she looked at her mom and said "bye Mom". I wish I could have taken her home - she was so cute!

So that's the recap of the weekend - a week late but better late than never.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Glad y'all had a good trip. Beautiful picture.