Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

A couple of weeks ago D had the idea that I should go visit my family. I think I was very subtle in my approach...I'm missing out on every major event in my nieces and nephews lives! It could be worse but all the other kids in my family live no more than one hour away from my parents so I was feeling a little left out. Thankfully D took pity on me and sent me off to Baton Rouge for the weekend.
So I flew out on Friday night and because it just so happened to be Father's Day weekend we decided to surprise my dad with my visit. Ryan and Dana picked me up at the airport and we went to meet the rest of the family to eat. I walked in and dad just looked at me like it was no big deal that I was there. Then it slowly sunk in that he wasn't expecting to see me. So it was a great weekend and now I'll leave you with some pictures...
All the kids except Ryan
Cole
And Kate

Couldn't get many pictures without something in her mouth

5 comments:

Shandra said...

looks like you had fun, jill!! your niece and nephew are precious!

Anonymous said...

I still love the picture of Cole running. Welcome to my world. Every picture I take, Cole is moving and Kate is trying to put something in her mouth. I don't know if we will ever have a great picture of the two of them together. We had so much fun with you here. The time went by too fast. I wish you lived closer!

Elizabeth said...

What a sweet picture with your dad! I can't think of how sweet he is without thinking about him running through the airport. God could not have given us better dads!

Mandy said...

Aw, I'm glad you got to surprise your dad for Father's Day, Jilly Bean. Looks like you had tons of fun! It stinks being the aunt that lives far away, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

Now I know how to keep up with you, my Jillie Bean. I love the pictures - I guess I'm a tad partial to my own grandchildren and children.

Dad loved being the focus of your latest blog. Thanks for making his day.

Mom