Monday, October 20, 2008

Before There Was Justin, There Was Jordan

I traveled down to New Orleans this weekend to see the New Kids on the Block concert with my 2 favorite sisters – Dana and Julie. I was a huge fan in Jr. High but was never able to attend a concert. So when I heard they were reuniting, I knew it was finally my chance. We headed down to New Orleans a little early to see some sights and eat some gumbo then we made it to the concert just in time.

It was the most fun I have EVER had at a concert. They played some of their new stuff but it was mostly the oldies but goodies – The Right Stuff, Hanging Tough, Tonight, Please Don’t Go Girl, etc….



My mom made these signs for us to take as a joke.


We stayed at a cool hotel in New Orleans and then woke up Sunday morning and had some beignets from Café Du Monde before heading back to Baton Rouge. It was so much fun. Thank you Julie and Dana for making my NKOTB dreams come true!

4 comments:

dana' s day said...

Thank you Jill and D for an amazing weekend! It was so much fun!

Elizabeth said...

Oh, how fun!!!! Love the signs.

jill said...

I loved the signs too - Shake your fanny for Danny was my favorite. But then did you notice that she put NKOB on one of them? She must not be a true fan!

Elizabeth said...

That is so funny- I did not read the sign-shake your fanny for Danny.