Thursday, August 27, 2009

August Happenings

We've had a fun August. D took me to see Mamma Mia for my birthday. It was cute but seriously hard to get all the Abba songs out of my head.

At the beginning of the month the newlyweds, Julie and Mike, came to visit us. We tried to entertain them with all the fun stuff to do in Dallas so they would want to move here. But I don't think it worked.
We went to a Rangers game and got stuck in a rain delay.



Here we are at Raising Canes. This was on our way to Ikea so we had to stop.
Then the next weekend my parents came into town. We mostly just drove them around to see all their friends.
We went out to dinner with my mom's brother and family.
And I drove them out to Frisco to see my mom's best friend Kay.

And here is Emily saying goodbye to all our houseguests.

Thanks for coming! We love you guys!



Then here are some pictures from my trip to Houston to see all the cute kids down there. I already posted the video of Andrew so here's a picture of Blake. He was saying cheese and everytime he said cheese he would hold his cars out so they would be in the picture too.


We went over to see Jenn and the twins. She is such a good mommy.
Here is Shandra with Jenna
And Jenn with Jenna


And here they both are. Jenna and Ellie. They are so sweet!



So that's my August recap. We had a great summer but now we are ready for fall to get here.

2 comments:

Jackay "Mama Mia" Metz said...

Enjoyed seeing what you did this month. The twins are sssssooo cute as is Shandra's son, Andrew. And how did we miss talking about Mama Mia? Sorry about having to chaffeur us around, but you are really good at that. It's scary to drive around Big D and we use to live and drive here. I don't think we are moving back anytime soon. But we had a great time. Love, Mom

jill said...

Sorry Shan that my mom doesn't think Blake is cute but I do!