Wednesday, February 27, 2008

It's All In the Shoes

D and I ran in a 10k race this past weekend. It was my first 10k so imagine my surprise when I found out that I got 5th place in my age group! I want to leave it at that but I must be honest and tell the whole story...it turns out that when registering for the race D and I got our time chips switched. It’s that little chip that you attach to your shoe to get your official time. So, I got credit for D’s time of 48 minutes and he got stuck with my time of 59 minutes. Instead of getting 5th place, I really got 51st place. Oh well. At least I finished and we had a really good time.
I did have a Tech sighting. I saw Lori Rich. It was so crowded that I couldn't get to her to talk to her but I wonder what she is doing now. Does anyone know?
D and I with our matching yellow running shoes.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Way to go, Jill! :) Last I heard, Lori was married...had a baby maybe?! I will ask my sister and get back with you!

Anonymous said...

Cute Shoes!!!
Sexy Legs!!!
Great Time Jill!! 5th Place you ROCK!!!
Seriously that is too funny but I am so proud of you for finishing the 10k!!!
Good GIRL!!!

Shandra said...

cute shoes! that's funny how you forgot to mention that you came in 5th place. wow! i'm impressed you told the whole story. ;)

Lin said...

you didn't say anything about how D felt being credited w/ 51st instead of 5th. if that had happened to us, michael would have been ticked!