Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Sweet Soul

Monday was a sad day in our household. Reilly, our 10 year old dog, passed away. As you know, I wasn’t the biggest dog person in the days before D. But Reilly was the dog that converted me to a dog lover. The absolute best thing about her was that EVERYTIME you would say her name she would wag her tail. And it wasn’t just her tail that wagged – it was her whole backside. If she was in another room in the house all you had to do was call her name and you could tell by the thumping of her tail which room she was in. Even on Monday morning when I said goodbye to go to work she wagged her tail for me one last time.
The vet called her a “sweet soul” and we definitely agree.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh jilly i'm so sorry!

Shandra said...

aww...that's so sad. i'm sorry!

Elizabeth said...

I am sorry, Jill.

I was reading your comments in past post and why would your belly be as big as Dana's in Julie's wedding. Do you have some news?