Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thanksgiving

I'm a little behind on my blogging. Here's my Thanksgiving post.

We drove to Nebraska for Thanksgiving. Not much to see between here and Nebraska but we made it in one day. We stayed with D's sister in Lincoln - the home of the University of Nebraska. I was so tired of seeing red by the end of the weekend but it was fun.

The day after Thanksgiving we went to the Nebraska vs. Colorado football game. It was soooo cold to me but they tell me I am a Texas wimp. The temp was in the 30s but I'm suppose to be grateful it wasn't snowing. Anyway, the Huskers won and made it to a bowl game so I guess it was worth it. Here are a few pictures of D's nephews at the game.We had to get there super early so we could go the bookstore first. We did this last year too and D basically picks out a bunch of stuff and I buy it for him and then I am done Christmas shopping. Works for me.
We were sitting in the visitors section because tickets were hard to come by but even the visitor's section was filled with mostly Husker fans. This is our view...
We ate at Runza's every day but Thanksgiving Day. It's one of those Nebraska traditions (like Raising Cane's in Louisiana). So that's about it - the weekend went way to fast.

No comments: