Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Dawgs

Here are the dogs - Reilly (the tan one) and Emily (the black one)


and this is the newest addition - Ivan (by the way he is turning in circles right now trying to bite his tail - it's the funniest thing)

Reilly again


They really are sweet dogs but I gotta say that before D I didn't like dogs. I think it stems back to a bad experience in my childhood but I was really scared of dogs and of course they could sense my fear so that made it even worse. But then I met D and actually spent time around dogs that had been trained and I'm much better now.

They love unconditionally and except for being a little hyper sometimes, and jumping on my new red bedspread that seems to attract white dog hair, they are adorable. I guess that they are like kids in that they have their own distinct personalities. Ivan, the white dog, is the youngest, most hyper, and sheds the most. He gets in trouble with the older dogs because he is so playful and doesn't know when to stop. Emily, the black dog, is the pretty/dumb one. She's also skiddish and freaks out about every new thing. (I hope D doesn't read this because he gets defensive about his dogs :) And Reilly, the tan dog, is the oldest, smartest dog of the 3. She has a bad hip so she doesn't get around very well anymore but we have bonded since the first day and she is always the one that I take on our walks.

So thanks to them I have been cured of my fear of dogs!

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Clara loves to look at dogs so she really enjoyed your pictures. We google dogs often for her to look at. She walks up to the computer and barks because she wants to look at dogs.

jill said...

You might have to break down and get Clara a Scrappy Jr.

Elizabeth said...

I hope not!!!!!!!!!!!! The only thing that is attractive to me about a dog is that it would run off snakes.

Lin said...

kate is TERRIFIED of dogs, but she liked looking at the pics. glad you have overcome your fear...gives me hope that kate will too!

Lauren said...

Hey Jill! Just wanted to say HEY! and I'm happy you're blogging :) Look forward to hearing more from you about life with hubby and the pups.

Love to you and congratulations!! Lauren

Megan said...

i just found out you joined the blogging world - welcome! the pictures from your wedding were fun - you were a beautiful bride!

Shandra said...

jill...i can't believe you're a dog lover!! you better be nice to them!