Tuesday, June 5, 2007

The Good Wife

So I'm trying to be a good wife and all. I'm cooking a few times a week, cleaning up, doing laundry, nursing him back to health, etc. but there has been one issue that I'm not dealing with very well.

To go back a little, D bought a new car last week. He gets mad when I call it a car but whatever. He got an FJ Cruiser and he loves it. Not my first choice but I'm learning to compromise. On the back of the car is the spare tire and one of the upgrades is to get a black tire cover that is specifically made for the Toyota. That wasn't included in our package so I mentioned yesterday that we should get one. Well, evidently he has it all figured out. He proceeded to tell me that he plans to get a Nebraska Husker tire cover for it. At first I thought he was joking so I very adamantly voiced my opinion about the idea. I think I said it was tacky, white trash, etc. Well, he wasn't joking - he really wants one!!!!!!!!! And may I just remind you that Nebraska's colors are bright red and white.

So I don't know what to do. Should I be a good wife and let him get what he wants or should I do him a favor and say absolutely not?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

how bout dem dawgs?

Lauren said...

oooh, that's a tough one. I actually really like those "cars." But if I were you, i'd draw the line on the tire cover. Just telling you what I'd do. Since you're being a wonderful wife in all other respects, maybe he would settle for a cute LITTLE sticker or even better, something for the INTERIOR of the car? Good luck! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, the things I have to look forward to. :)
Where did you get that cute dress you have on in your pic?

Anonymous said...

Jill...that's a hard one! My husband is INSANE over A&M, so I know where you are coming from. Try to talk him out of it, but if he WILL NOT accept no, drop it. Then surprise him with one that is the best of what he wants...at least that way he can't get the WORST looking one!!!

Shandra said...

jill...give in! it's his car..or whatever it is.

(i might have to live in nebraska one day so i too could be a husker fan)

jill said...

lauren, the sticker is a good idea or if he's insistant I like Carrie's idea about getting him the best one. It is his car after all and I don't ever have to drive it. He hasn't mentioned it again so we'll see how serious he is.
Carrie - you need a blog!

jill said...

Jen - you need a blog too! I got the dress from Ann Taylor Loft. They have the cutest summer dresses.

Lin said...

i am laughing b/c i can totally relate! unfortunately, mike never backs down when it comes to sports...no matter how tacky a team's colors are. one year he wore a jersey (that was light blue & bright yellow) to max's b-day party. i begged him not to wear it b/c there would be pictures! why do guys not listen to us???

Shandra said...

jill...look at all your comments. you go girl!!

lindsey..i'm always trying to get matt to change too. usually i say "are you gonna wear that?" :) aren't i nice!

Carrie said...

Well, Jill, I created a blog! :)

Anonymous said...

Well Jill, I would say just let it go. Save it for the day that he wants to name one of your offspring after the school mascot.

Shandra said...

kracht...that's hilarious!