Friday, July 27, 2007

Everyday Life

Here's a recap of our week…
Our routine is now to watch an episode of 24 before bedtime. We are now at 5pm on the first season. Jack’s wife and daughter are running from the bad guys again after we thought they were safe in the “safe house.” Exciting stuff!
This week at work I was able to visit one of the area hospitals – Parkland . We got a tour of the ER and can I just say that it was an experience I won’t forget. I tried not to stare as there were people everywhere – even in beds in the hallways. But that it typical at Parkland from what I understand. There was a gas explosion in downtown the same day and the victims were taken to Parkland so when we got to the hospital we saw news crews camped outside of the ER. Thankfully the 2 guys that were taken there were not in a life-threatening situation but it was really weird to be there on a day with so much going on. So that was the major excitement for the week.
I had girl’s night with my aunt last night and we saw the movie Waitress with Keri Russell in it. It was a good movie and my aunt and I decided we are going to take baking lessons so we could bake some scrumptious pies like the ones in the movie. Maybe even open up our own little pie shop.
So, that's about it for now. Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

Shandra said...

jill, call me after you take that cooking class and then i'll come see you. :) jk!

Anonymous said...

me too...make sure you learn a good pecan and ice box chocolate for me...mmmm...i love pie