Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A Taste of Motherhood

My trip to Houston was a wonderful lesson in parenting. Shandra was all talking smack the week before about how her job is harder than mine so I had to go see for myself. She does have some sleep depreviation going on but she is handling it like a pro. I no more than walking in the house before she handed over Blake and a bottle and was giving me instruction on the best way to burp him. I loved every minute of it.
While I was there I took pictures and was going to update my blog on Shandra's computer Saturday night, so I hooked my camera up to her computer and downloaded the pictures. Then we got busy watching a girly movie so I never posted anything. Bright and early Monday morning I checked Shandra's blog and she had posted all the pictures that I had taken! Apparently I didn't post them quickly enough.

Blake and I bonded over 2 bottle feedings. He's so tiny, sweet and cuddly and I could have sat there holding him all night.
This is the one picture of Andrew that Shandra didn't steal.
How could you discipline this boy? He is too cute!
And this is a self portrait of Andrew. He was cracking himself up with the camera and I was not his friend when I finally took it away from him after he filled up my whole memory card. The boogers are edited out :)



1 comment:

Shandra said...

i'm sure you were a little sleep deprived since you had to get up at 7 AM instead of 10 like you people w/ no kiddos get to do. we enjoyed our visit w/ you and appreciated all your help! :) i believe you're ready for motherhood... well, enjoy your honeymoon phase for a while!