Monday, July 2, 2007

Celebrity Siting

When I was younger, I was a huge gymnastics fan. Mary Lou Retton was my all-time favorite but I loved them all. Shannon Miller was an up and coming star when I had to quit my gymnastics career because I was too old and weighed too much but that’s a whole other story. I watched Shannon in the 1992 Olympic Games as she won silver and in the 1996 Games where she was a part of the Magnificent Seven that won the team gold medal for the USA. And always by her side was her coach Steve Nunno. Fast forward 10 years or so….
I was hosting a couple’s shower this weekend for my friend Krista who I worked with at Fidelity. Krista is from Oklahoma and used to babysit for Steve Nunno’s kids while she was in college. So Steve Nunno and his wife were at the shower!!! I know it’s probably not a big deal to anyone else but I thought it was cool.
If only I had met him when I was like 4 and weighed 20 pounds…………….


3 comments:

Deborah said...

How fun! That is exciting. He always seemed much nicer than that Russian coach...whats his name?? I had to quit because I was to tall and weighted to much too. And wasn't motivated to get up at 5 am to practice. Oh well. If only....

Shandra said...

i always liked shannon too. that's cool you got to meet him.

you still coming to see me??

Mandy said...

That's cool, Jill. First I'm at your house, then Steve Nunno. :)