Friday, June 22, 2007

After the Rain

All this rain is getting the best of me but last night tops it off. After work I was catching the train to head home. I’m standing on the platform with an upper level above me. So someone from the upper level must have stepped in a muddy puddle and I was right in line to get the worst of it. Most of it landed on my shoulder but then before I could move I got some of it right on top of my head. It was dripping all down my face. I tried to laugh it off but when I looked around everyone just turned away like they were too embarrassed for me to even look at me. At least someone could have laughed with me! So by the time I got on the train I just cried. I don't really know why I cried - it wasn't that big of a deal but I guess I was just frustrated that I couldn't properly clean myself up and also that noone around me even cared enough to acknowledge me.
But the good thing is that after the rain incident I got to go home to my husband (still weird to say) and we got ice cream and I forgot all about the unfortunate shower.
But I'll still never ride the train again - who cares that gas is $3 per galloon!!!

8 comments:

Shandra said...

awww, jill...that stinks! i'm sorry. i would have cried too. are you really not going to ride the train anymore?

Anonymous said...

(pretend i didn't post this)
i am boycotting your blog cause i didn't make the friend cut...

jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jill said...

Dear "obviously not important",
I have very stringent rules for someone to become a friend on my blog.
But if you want to be reconsidered just leave your name next time and I'll think about it.

Anonymous said...

well, i suppose i should be used to being in the shadow of such a fabulous big sister and many wonderful friends (who did make the "friend" cut)

Anonymous said...

RACHEL!!!

jill said...

Crap! I feel bad Rachel!!! You will be added tonight when I can update my blog.
I'll always remember you as the one who introduced me to the staightner. Remember when you did my hair for Jan's wedding? So you hold a special place in my heart.
Thanks Shan! I was having a hard time!

Anonymous said...

don't feel bad...i was only joking...i hope that was obvious though it seems easy to misunderstand when communicating via computer (and i don't like those little expression marks that are supposed to look like facial expressions, mostly cause it reminds me of how impersonal this whole thing really is and how awful i am at keeping in touch in real ways) so all that to say thanks for linking my page to your lovely page...goodnight sweet friend!