Saturday, June 9, 2007

settling in

I'm settling into this married life thing. We still haven't resolved the tire cover issue but I'm sure it will all work. I actually like Rachel's thought - Go Dawgs - we need a La Tech tire cover.

The top benefits I have discovered so far about living in a house and being married:
  • covered parking without having to pay $50 a month for it.
  • dishes that match so that I can pass Jan's country blue dishes onto Jules.
  • someone to talk to in the morning when getting ready for work.
  • mowing the yard.
  • someone to cook for.
  • not having to have something planned every weekend (i just realized that I'm writing this on Sat. night at 7pm and we don't have any plans tonight - it's wonderful).
  • having someone to drive me everywhere - Liz spoiled me in college and I've never gotten over it.
  • our new vacuum cleaner to pick up all the dog hair.

6 comments:

Shandra said...

the dawgs stink! when's the last time they won a game? i know i'm gonna get some hate mail.

i have a hard time believe that you are mowing the yard.

oh yeah, sorry for waking you guys up!

Deborah said...

I think I might vacuum more if I had a fun purple vacuum. Well, probably not! Glad to see you blogging!

Anonymous said...

shandra-people with attitudes like that are the reason we can't win more...give up some love for the old alma matter...LOU_ISI_ANA Tech!
Jill- so cute all cleaning and whatnot...you wanna come clean my house?...i'll even let you babysit my little beauties

Elizabeth said...

Like the post. I love having a husband to drive me around also.

Shan, Who cares about the sports-the school is still awesome. I loved going to Tech. Otherwise we would not have all these blogs to follow if we had not all gone to Tech.

Michelle said...

i'm gonna have to agree with deb about the purple vacuum. :)

Mandy said...

Come visti me and bring your purple vacuum. :)