Monday, June 25, 2007

Jen & Brad's Wedding

The original Park Avenue gangWell, I now that I think about it Ashley is the only original one.

We went to Jen and Brad's wedding this past weekend in Ft. Worth. Jen was a glowing bride and I'm sure they are having a great time on their honeymoon right about now. I know this picture isn't the best but I loved her dress and veil.

Mandy drove with us to to the wedding and I was counting on her to teach me the ways of a true blogger but she only took one picture. So I had to pick up the slack. Stacy came in from Tyler and it was great to see her and hear about her new house. I hope she made it back to Tyler ok.

One of the best parts of the wedding was the martini mashed potato bar. This is Stacy and I toasting the new couple. Please disregard the leftover mashed potatoes in the glasses.

The highlight of the wedding was the good friends but let's just talk about the food. They had a dessert table that included chocolate cake, m&ms, a chocolate fountain, rice crispy treats and milk to wash it all down. And then of course after you gorged yourself on all of that you have to eat a piece of wedding cake.

We finally tracked Jen down with a camera so here is Brandi and I with Jen.

D was a good sport and got to meet alot of my college friends. Ashley and Chet were there and it was good to see them after so long. We hope to be visiting them in Kansas on our way to Nebraska next time.
So that's the photo recap. I wish we had taken a group picture. I didn't get any pictures of Jessica, Mandy, Beth Ann, Chet, Michael or the Bufkins. I'm counting on one of the other bloggers to have some more pics and Jessica can give us a good wordy recap.

10 comments:

ashley said...

great post Jill!! it was great to see you and meet "D" as you call him on here.

Carrie said...

Thanks for posting some pics of the wedding. I hate I missed it!

Michelle said...

thanks for posting pics -- i love seeing you dallas girls. and, all of y'all looked great; especially the bride! :) i LOVED meg's dress and what i could see of stacy's outfit. :) can't wait for someone else to blog about it and post some more pics!

congrats to you jen!

Mandy said...

I feel the love, Jill. No pics of me! What's up with that?!?!

Megan said...

thanks for the pictures! i was so sad we couldn't be there. we couldn't pass up a free trip to the beach!

Stacy Colvin said...

Love those yummy mashed potatoes! As you can see...I made it home safely. It was so good to see everyone and get to hang out more w/ "D".

Jessica said...

should i be insulted that you said i would give a "good wordy recap"? cause i don't know how to take that!

jill said...

No insult intended Jessica!!! Your wordy blogs are definately my favorites to read. You have such insight and are always hilarious. I just wish I could write more like you - if I could write like Jessica (sung to the tune of - if I could be like Mike).

Shandra said...

looks like y'all had fun! hate we missed it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting some pics of my wedding. I'm so glad you all came and had fun! We had a blast!
Jen