Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Grandma's 90th Birthday


My Grandmother LeBlanc turned 90 on Monday and she's still going strong!
Grandma was a Navy Nurse in World War II and that is where she met my grandfather. She was originally from Iowa but moved to New Orleans with my grandfather when they got married. And they were married for over 50 years!
While growing up, I always looked forward to our summer trips to New Orleans where grandma taught us what lagniappe meant. My grandmother has since moved to Baton Rouge and has a cute apartment. Wish I could have been there to help celebrate with you grandma but we'll shoot for next year!!!

3 comments:

Shandra said...

that's cute. my grandpa is 96!

her dessert looks YUMMY!!!!

Lin said...

aww...happy b-day grandma...she looks great!

Elizabeth said...

That is so sweet! She looks great.